cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL Email

rafterym
Joining in

My partner uses an ntlworld email address which has worked correctly for years on her iphone.

On Friday at approx 2:30 it stopped working, there is an error message "No Password Provided for NTLWorld. Please go tom mail account and enter a password"

The password box shows that a password is entered and as I said above, this has worked fine for ages.

We have tried to logon via webmail but unfortunately, we have been unable to do so - we beleive the password is correct but as it's only used on the phone and only entered once we are not 100% sure.

Is there a way to reset the password please, without having to logon?  We wanted to reset the password online then type it in on the iphone to see if that solved the issue.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rafterym wrote:

there is an error message "No Password Provided for NTLWorld. Please go tom mail account and enter a password"

Unfortunately the error message your partner is getting from the email app on their iPhone is just a default error message that simply means the app cannot access the email account. There are a number of reasons the app is failing to connect to the server so it does not necessarily mean that there is an issue with the password itself.

We have tried to logon via webmail

Good idea . One way to get a better idea of what the problem is to see what error message if any that VM report when you try to sign in to the account on the VM website. Sometimes the problem can be with the app itself rather the email account.

but unfortunately, we have been unable to do so

So exactly what error message are you getting?

We wanted to reset the password online then type it in on the iphone to see if that solved the issue.

Because there is some doubt about the existing password then resetting the password is a good first step.

There are two possible routes to resetting an email password:

1) Try signing into the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address (so not the email account itself) by entering the ntlworld address  in this link https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media and then enter the current password when prompted.

Once you have signed in click on the "Account settings" tab and then the "Account details" tab. On that page you will see the option to edit the password.

Change it to something you have not used before, then sign out and wait 20-30 minutes before trying to access the email account again.

2) If that is unsuccessful then you could try the "Forgot your password" option. Enter the Ntlworld address into this screen https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password and follow the prompts.

Sadly, that is likely to be fail as well because it relies on there being a "Password reset" question set in the email account and presumably that has not been done.

Finally;

3) I see that you say "My partner uses an ntlworld email address which has worked correctly for years" but do they, or you have a VM broadband account or is this Ntlworld account one that  was set up under an old (now closed) VM broadband account?

If the Ntlworld email account is not linked to a current VM broadband account then you have effectively reached the end of the road because VM only supports email accounts that are linked to a current broadband package.

However, if the Ntlworld address is part of a current VM broadband package then the VM Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) may well be able to help you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

In the meantime, try the options 1) and 2) above to see how that goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey rafterym, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your email. 

I am going to send you an PM so we can look at doing something for this.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?