cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO EMAIL NOW FOR 24 HOURS!!!

MJT2
Tuning in

Since yesterday morning I have received no emails on my virgin media account.

I have changed my password as mentioned on here guess what no difference still no email.

I have signed in several times to my account on the virgin media website to see if I could get my emails there and guess what still no emails, you have got some serious issues which you are not admitting too with your IMAP servers so man up and admit there is no service on emails or if you do get some its a miracle.

I also switched my virgin router off and reset it but still no difference.

So currently totally cheesed off with Virgin media I did have an account in here but I have had to create a new one as apparently my details were sent to my virgin media email LOL like that's gonna work.

JUST admit it you have email issues and get it sorted or I am going to take this to trading standards as you are NOT meeting your contract liabilities.

9 REPLIES 9

elbereth
Dialled in

I phoned the support yesterday - having also had no emails all day - having a) run virus check b) changed p/w, but even though the website says there are no issues - the support person advised I was one of many who were affected by technical issue that they hoped to resolve today 

Its bad enough that have been without email for 24 hours plus now - but WHY is there no valid status message saving us all wasting so much time trying to reset account and accessing via webmail etc etc etc

How are we supposed to know when it is fixed - if they don't advise its broke  

Totally agree they should man up and issue a status message they have a serious IMAP and SMTP issue and they know about it so tell people.

oh and by the way your emails you send out to say your email has been blocked where do they go to oh yes your virgin email (which isn't working)!!!

DOH THATS A REALLY GOOD IDEA ISNT IT, I WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF THAT ONE!!!!

oh by the way your security scan system docent work either as it reports an incorrect message

SO PLEASE GET THE EMAILS WORKING!!!!!!!

HOORAY HOORAY ITS JUST STARTED WORKING !!!! BUT FOR HOW LONG WHO KNOWS!!!!

Hello MJT2

We understand the frustration caused by the email access issues, the team are aware of the problems in most instances the password reset does resolve the issue. For customers still experiencing the problem after reseting the password and following the steps here it is being worked on and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Rob

Clearly given the number of people this is hitting and the recurrences there is an issue at Virgin that they will not explain.

My email was blocked a couple of weeks ago and again yesterday and each time resolved (after several hours delays) by changing passwords. Now it's happened to me again.

Farcical. I need to dedicate a day or two to reorganising all my online accounts and moving to Gmail or similar. I've only been a customer about 20 years and only pay Virgin well over £100 a month for broadband, TV, landline, and this excludes mobile, so why am I so stupid to expect a better more honest service from Virgin to fix this and admit their problem caused this. 

I too moaned about this yesterday and there seems to have been an increase in Virgin email security sensitivity which means they locked my account because of "suspicious activity" - I called them and found this out - and suggested to them the fact that my account was locked could have been communicated to me by text? How the heck do you know your account is locked otherwise? The email programs on phone and PC just refuse to log you on...

It's infuriating - Virgin please take note..

Anyway - the password option did work for me yesterday and has remained clear again today. The password solution is not instant though (another snippet of info that was not provided!) and you have to wait 15 mins for it to take effect. So if anyone else has an issue it is worth going the password route to start with...

Hi Rob

By the way I had done all the virus scans etc and changed passwords I had done that yesterday and this changed nothing still had no email there was definitely and IMAP and SMTP issue but no one will admit it. At least it's working now. But there should be a way of alerting us if you block the emails possibly by texting a message to our mobiles in which case we should be able to put our mobile number onto our account to do this.

Hi MJT2,

Thanks for reaching back out to us, we do appreciate the frustration and understand a warning would have been better, I will get this fed back>

Regards

Paul.