cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virginmedia.com email stopped working at 5.30pm yesterday

RussBVM
Tuning in

Morning
My VirginMedia email stopped working yesterday at 5.30pm. I can't receive email or send it from my virginmedia.com email address.

When I try to check it I get an Account error:

Cannot Get Mail
No password provided for "Virginmedia"
Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password

When I go to account settings my password is filled in.
So I went to My Virgin Media and changed the password.
But I still get the same error message.

This happens on my iPhone (Mail app) and on my MacBook (using Outlook).
When I try looking on Webmail there is no email visible under my Virgin email.

Please advise me how I can sort this out - thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RussBVM wrote:

Any suggestions where I go from here?! Thoroughly frustrated.

I can understand that.

To keep things simple I have moved your latest post into your original thread. That way everyone can see the full history. 😉

I have also escalated this to the Forum Team so they can give you an update.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

RussBVM
Tuning in
Worth adding - I am a Virgin Media customer with a broadband and TV package, and this is my primary email account

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RussBVM

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues accessing your email account.

I would be happy to take a look in this further for you but I will just need to confirm a few details first.

To do this, I will need to pop you over a private message and you will be able to access this via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Here's what's happened for me so far in this sorry state of affairs:
(Note: I am a current VirginMedia customer and have been consistently for 20+ years. Using address on Outlook with a MacBook Air, and on mail app with an iPhone)
1 Longstanding virginmedia.com email address (primary account email address) suddenly stops working on 21 October
2 I consult this board, and change password. No joy.
3 I'm contacted by a member of the Forum Team, who checks details and advises me to perform virus scans on all devices using the email, then change password. I do this. Still no joy.
4 Forum Team member than upgrades my case to the IT team on Monday 25 October, who will unlock the mailbox and enable me to use my email again. This can take up to 5 days.
5 I raise the issue of compensation, but am told that this would not apply as email is a 'free additional service'.
6 It's now 11 days since the IT team was given my case. I last heard from the the Forum Team member 5 days ago and they haven't responded to my questions since. I still have no email.

This is ridiculous service. While I've started using my gmail account to start to plug the gap, I would very much prefer to keep my virginmedia email.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RussBVM wrote:

I can understand that.

To keep things simple I have moved your latest post into your original thread. That way everyone can see the full history. 😉

I have also escalated this to the Forum Team so they can give you an update.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK, pleased to report that Akua from the Forum team has managed to get my email working again as of this morning.

No idea why it's taken close to 3 weeks for it to be sorted out and sincerely hope it doesn't happen again. I have ramped up use of my gmail account, and unsubscribed from a load of newsletters etc that I always deleted anyway, so it hasn't been a complete waste of time.

Waded through 700 of the 1400 messages waiting for me. Now for the rest ...

Thanks for the update @RussBVM, we're pleased to hear that @Akua_A was able to get this resolved for you

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums if you have any further issues that need addressing

Kindest regards,

David_Bn