cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virgin.net email will not syc

NickGS1
Joining in

My virgin.net email will not syc and error shows cannot connect to server. Not the first time this has happened and getting frustrated

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NickGS1 wrote:

My virgin.net email will not syc and error shows cannot connect to server.

You are obviously using an email app or client to manage your email account . Unfortunately the error messages email apps report when they hit a problem are often less then helpful and tend to be variations of "computer says no" as in your case.

To get a better idea of what's going wrong you need to see the error message you get when  you try to sign into the account directly via the VM Website. You can do that from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Try that and post back with the error message for more definite advice.

Just a word of warning, if that virgin.net email account is not linked to a VM broadband account the problem may be that VM have closed, or are in the process of closing, that email account.

That is happening to a lot of virgin.net account users and sadly VM never give any warning before they close an account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NickGS1, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue gaining access to your emails. We can certainly take a look at things for you. 

In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs