cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My main blueyonder email account is asking for a password which I have long forgotten. Stuck

stem_ginger1
Joining in

I have a blue yonder account and am still a virginmedia customer.  This morning I was. asked to type in a password to gain access and I have long forgotten this.  I can't reset the password so am locked out.  I logged onto my virgin account which. doesn't hold my blue yonder email under email addresses and reset my virgin media email address but this made no difference to accessing my blue yonder.

Stuck and as the blue yonder email account is my main email, I am unable to see any new incoming mail coming on or access it via virginmedia.

If anyone can. offer any insights please do

9 REPLIES 9

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @stem_ginger1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your email address. 

Are you able to let me know if the account that the blueyonder email address is registered too, is that still active? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi

Yes I am still with virginmedia who took over blue yonder.  They haven't linked my blueyonder address so I can't change passwords through my virginmedia account - at least online.  

Hi stem_ginger1,

Thanks for clarifying. It is possible that if you have moved home or had a new account created with us at all, that the blueyonder email is still attached to a former account.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take some details and look into this further for you. Please do find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth

I have just. seen your message.  I moved five years ago and have. been with virginmedia for about 10 years so no recent changes at all.  My blue yonder account may have been attached to my virginmedia at my previous. address which was ended in 2016.

I haven't received your pm yet...is it on. its way?

Hi Beth
Just. following up again as I haven't received a private message at all from you. Can you send it over please as I am very frustrated about this issue.
Thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stem_ginger1

I am so sorry that you have not received a private message yet, I will send one over to you now so that we can look into your blueyonder email issue further.

Apologies for the delayed response and any frustration caused,

Serena

Hi. Serena

I am posting this live as it could be relevant to other people.  You said that my blue yonder account was linked to a mobile account which has been barred.  Could you let me know who would have barred the mobile account and why this may have happened?  I have the email account on my laptop and I know VirginMedia took over Blueyonder a number of years ago.  Are you suggesting that this is an issue with the mobile company I use?

It does ask for a password but none of the passwords I use work and I do keep a record of passwords I use.

Thank you

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is clearly some confusion along the way in this saga.  It isn't possible to attach a blueyonder or any other VM email account to a mobile account.  Only VM cable broadband accounts can support email addresses.

If the blueyonder email address concerned is not attached to your current VM broadband account then the staff may be able to carry out a Move and transfer process, although the circumstances in which this can be done are very limited.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stem_ginger1

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am unable to discuss the details of your mobile account publically, so I shall send you another private message with the details about this and your blueyonder email address.

Please look out for my PM 🙂

Serena