cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My main VM (ntl) email stopped working 29th Nov

johne69
Joining in

I am not technical and forum advice is, i do not understand.

Thunderbird...is asking for  Login to server IMAP.virgin-media.com with username, i have tried for ages but nothing, and checked everything is correct re IMAP server etc etc

Nothing has changed and all my other (NTL) VM emails are working fine

Message i get on the VM email account section is "Edited credentials or authorisation does not work and no longer accepted by the provider, please change the above"   but i do not know what to change, please help and its my main email   

4 REPLIES 4

Anankha
Problem sorter

Ensure the server settings are correct- imap.virginmedia.com, you have mentioned virgin-media.com.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

sorry in my rush but it is set to imap.virginmedia.com, should it be this for ntlworld  emails ?  or  imap.ntlworld.com

Only one had stopped working, my main  ntlworld   email.  My VM site for emails (I have5) my main email has a triangle next to it and asks me to update credentials ?  I have tried resetting my password but it just goes blank. What is the number for virgin technical help

johne69
Joining in

I phoned Virgin to sort out took around 28 mins but now sorted. What the message "Edited credentials or authorisation does not work and no longer accepted by the provider, please change the above"  meant was change your password with a new more secure password including a capitol /numbers/ plus a ?%&  etc although all my other passwords are originals. Also had to update my Thunderbird sign in and its working. I did however get an email from Virgin (to my down email !!) saying my email had possible virus spam activity and was being locked with info to proceed, but this was sent to the email that went down and could not read until now 2 Dec

Yes the server settings should be virginmedia.com.
Glad to hear the problem was resolved.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia