Menu
prbartle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My emails !

Help ! Got a big email prob ! Spinning icon ! Then delay taking 10 mins too open an email ! Tried deleting some messages but no help ! Why ???? 

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My emails !

It's usually a problem with a cookie. Delete all VM-related browser cookies and give it another try.

A cache-clearance may also help.

!

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
prbartle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Emails !

Virgin emails awful ! U say it will improve ! It doesn't ! Spinning icons ! 10 mins too open ! Then Apollo slow ! It's only emails nothing else ! I've had enough !!!!

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails !

Did you try the advice given to you the other day?  Tell us what is happening in more detail !  We'll try to figure it out with you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've merged your two identical threads. You say if the advice offered by SDC last Thursday helped. I suppose we can presume from your further post that it didn't?

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@prbartle 

I've had first hand experience of the slow loading screens myself, and I narrowed it down to certain cookies left in the browser by Virgin Media's webmail platform.

The precise cookies and the manner in which they slow down access is a mystery I'll admit, but I did note improved speed in a different browser that I never use normally (which meant the browser had no cookies stored).

If you are using Chrome - have a look at my post here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Connection-timed-out/m-p/3911928/highlight/true#M16...

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
prbartle
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My emails !

yes it helped  thankyou

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi prbartle, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I'm unsure as to what issues you're experiencing here. Can I ask if you could elaborate? 

Thanks.  

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Ryan_N

I wonder if you might look at this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Connection-timed-out/m-p/3911928/highlight/true#M16...

and message 6 above which references the thread and  explains the context.

This is a known issue and is often resolved by simply clearing the browser cache and cookies. But I am not aware that it was ever resolved by VM. And you probably weren't aware of it either as it precedes your Forum presence? The web mail interface often operates sub-optimally. 

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.