Menu
archiegreen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My email account has been hacked.

Hello,

I am urgently trying to change my password.

For the past two weeks I have received quite a few different emails saying that someone has tried to access my facebook, ebay, spotify accounts and it has flagged as suspicious activity.  Someone has tried to access them from overseas i.e. US and China.  I have been changing the passwords.

Last night I received 4 emails into my virgin email saying that I had changed my password.  They were flagged by my outlook account which is linked.  However I can still log in to my virgin account.  Two of the emails were opened and marked as read which wasn't me.  

Anyway I am trying to change my virgin password but every time I try it says 'We're doing some essential work on our systems'.  I get this message quite a lot when trying to access my emails and normally log in again and it goes away.  I really want to get the password changed ASAP but just cannot get past that screen.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My email account has been hacked.

This isn't much consolation, but you are not alone - no one (AFAIK) can access the my profile / manage accounts part of the system all weekend (or longer?).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Continuous-Password-Prompt-on-Outlook/td-p/4003461

The Forum Team should come back with some response soon, and I am sure they will see this post, too.  But you may wish to dial in on 150 to see if you can get the support line people to help you change your password as you have real security issues, not just simple access issues.

Good luck!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello archiegreen,

Sorry to read the above issues with your email account

I am more than happy to take a look into this for you 

Would you be okay in answering a few security questions that I need to ask 

Just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hello archiegreen,

Sorry to read the above issues with your email account.  I am more than happy to take a look into this for you

Gareth_L

Gareth_L - were you able to assist this customer?   There are plenty of people worried about their security and need to change passwords - what should they do?  Start a thread or ring 150?  The myprofile and manage accounts page has been unavailable for 4-5 days, maybe more.  That is just asking for trouble when someone gets hacked.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'