cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My email account doesnt seem to be receiving emails

KennyKet
Tuning in

I'm aware from a few emails recently that someone is trying to hack into a few of my accounts. He successfully did so in my argos account. Suddenly , and I don't know if its a coincidence, my email inbox isnt receiving any more emails. I can send them out but I'm not receiving any. I've reset my password but it's hasn't helped.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow all the steps set out here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-has-been-hacked

Pay particular attention to any rogue auto forward rules or filters that the hacker may have created to divert incoming emails away from your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow all the steps set out here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-has-been-hacked

Pay particular attention to any rogue auto forward rules or filters that the hacker may have created to divert incoming emails away from your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

KennyKet
Tuning in

I had some trouble with someone hacking my account. I found out my emails were been forwarded on to another unknown address. Sorted that and thought all was well. Now I cant access my email from my app or browser. Just says Sorry.....check back in an hour

Any thoughts?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KennyKet wrote:

I had some trouble with someone hacking my account. I found out my emails were been forwarded on to another unknown address. Sorted that and thought all was well. Now I cant access my email from my app or browser. Just says Sorry.....check back in an hour

Any thoughts?

Sorry to read that.

Follow all the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If you still can't access the account after an hour post back here and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you.

I've done that already.. I found a strange email address in my forward email link. I reset it with another email i have and all worked fine. I then decided to delete it, so i could get email to my primary account, and all seemed to work for awhile. Then it just stopped. It's still not working

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KennyKet  It is likely that the VM security department noticed the forwarding filters and locked the account.

If the change of password to a new unique one hasn't unlocked the email account then wait for the VM Forum Team to respond later this evening or tomorrow.

Hi @KennyKet

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, has the password reset and 60 min wait not worked?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I reset my account this afternoon. Email worked ok but i forwarded it on to my gmail account. I changed it back to my virgin account and it worked for awhile then stopped.

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Haven't seen it yet?