cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband account did not come with an ISP email account

k3vink3vin
Tuning in

Hi,

I have an active broadband plan with Virginmedia. I can login to My Virgin Media and see my package and bill. However when I click on the Virgin Media Mail link I get redirected to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-unavailable .

Could I get some help to setup an ISP email account?

Best,

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@k3vink3vin  Looking at your posting history it seems that you joined Virgin Media quite recently.

VM stopped issuing email addresses to new customers in May 2022 so if you did become a customer after then you won't be able to get a free VM email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

No wonder! Thanks for the reply!

I owned a @virginmedia.com email address 2 years ago. Is it possible to revive and have it linked to my current virgin media account?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@k3vink3vin wrote:

I owned a @virginmedia.com email address 2 years ago. Is it possible to revive and have it linked to my current virgin media account?

Unlikely if it has been deleted by VM as per their terms and conditions.  What happens if you try to sign into the email address concerned at https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

If you send an email to the address concerned do you get a non deliverable report?

Edit, just to be clear you never 'owned' the email address.  It was provided as a free add on to your previous VM broadband account for as long as that broadband account was operational.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi K3vinK3vin 👋 welcome back to community! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear this feedback about your difficulties setting up an email account. As other members on this thread have correctly advised, we no longer support new email addresses being created. 

Sadly the one you had with us previously has likely been deleted. (They should be deleted within 90 days of your account closing.) You can see a more information about this via our website here 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help

Hope this helps clarify things! Let us know if there is anything else you need support with. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly