cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My blueyonder email is prefixed by Virgin as cannot be located in recipients inboxes

Ann5
Tuning in

Please could someone assist. When I sent an email from my Blueyonder email address when the recipient receives it it appears as Virgin then blue yonder. Often it goes into the junk. How can I change it so it just shows my blueyonder email address. I am not using Outlook only the standard email on my Mac

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts, select the account and confirm Name is correctly set.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hello Thank you for your reply. I have checked System Preferences/Internet Accounts and my name is correctly set

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If when you send a message to yourself the name is correctly displayed then it is likely the recipient's address book has your name incorrectly listed as “Virgin then blueyonder”; if that is the case then correcting the address book entry should resolve the issue.

Thank you for replying.

When I send an email to myself the email address shows correctly. I've found that even when people do not add me into to their address books the name change occurs. I've experienced this several times with different companies that I have sent emails to. Also friend have said my email has gone into the junk mail folder as it comes up with Virginmedia instead of my email address.

Ive looked into the settings on desktop the only thing I can see that could possible be a reason is where in the address book settings there is check box that is unticked 'Use unified mail for this account' . I am reluctant to tick this as I'm not sure what effect it could have

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Next time you email one of these contacts that incorrectly prefixes your email address with Virgin consider Bcc yourself on the email (press ⌥ + ⌘ + B to show Bcc field) and then:

• select the sent email when received
  • press ⌥ + ⌘ + U to view its Raw Source
  • press ⌘ + F to search for the email address prefix Virgin

If the email address prefix Virgin cannot be found then this conclusively shows the issue is not due to what your are sending, i.e. if text similar to the following was found:

⋮
From: "Richard Branson" <richard.branson@blueyonder.co.uk>
⋮

but not text similar to the following was found instead:

⋮
⋮

FYI the 'Use unified mail for this account' is useful when managing multiple email account in webmail, read more here How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help, and is not applicable to the issue raised AFAICS