cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account number

Jonpaulmartin
Joining in

Hi there, 

i no longer have a virgin media account, it was closed several years ago. I do however still use my blueyonder email address. Unfortunately I have recently been unable to access my emails and I need to complete a password reset. 

I do not know my old password, account number or area code. Can you please help, I am expecting some very important emails. 

many thanks 

Jon

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately for you the blueyonder email address concerned should have been closed 90 days after you closed your VM broadband account as per the T&Cs and the notification you would have received at the time.

Depending on the status of the account there is a slim chance that the VM Forum Team may be able to get the email address concerned unlocked.  Otherwise you should consider it gone for good. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonpaulmartin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you no longer have access to your email address. As correctly mentioned by our VIP Graham, without an active Broadband service, there is a chance that the email address is gone for good. 

I'm happy to look into this further to see if there is something we can do. In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Katy / Graham, 

Thanks for your replies to this. I closed my VM services account over 3 years ago but only in the last week or so have I lost access to my emails. 

I called the VM customer support team yesterday and after being passed around several departments I eventually ended up speaking with the faults team who were most helpful and switched back on my access, thankfully! 

all the best 

Jon 

Hi Jon, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on this. I'm really glad to hear that things are working again for you now. 

As you no longer have an active Virgin Media broadband account, it's possible the email will be deleted in future without warning so while you have access, I would start transferring emails and saving anything that you need to keep. It's also worth updating your log in email for accounts and instead look for a free email provider that's not reliant on having an active broadband account. 

There's no telling if and when this happens, it may be a day or it may be a year but it's better to safeguard yourself. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs