cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media not recognising user name, email or password

OPratt
Joining in

Ive seen various posts on here last year experiencing exactly the same issue i am having 

having logged into my virgin media successfully yesterday - today it does not recognise my username , account or passwords - and as a result wont send me a new one - see image attached 

i have seen plenty of people trawl through all sort of solutions that have not helped and get quite frustrated - as far as i can conclude the only way to get this fixed is to have it referred to IT

The sooner we can do this please the better please - i have not changed my account, or any of my details, i have been using this account for over 5 years now - and as of yesterday access was fine 

Resolution swiftly please

Thank you VM logg.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

OPratt
Joining in

This image VM logg copy.jpg

Sorry to hear this OPratt,

I'd like to see if I can get this resolved for you

Please checkout the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

thank you 

OPratt
Joining in

It is amazing that in this day and age, that 2 weeks later that i still cannot access my account for something that is so simple and probably, would take someone at IT minutes to resolve. Plus the fact that this incident just occurred out of the blue, happens to others, and evidently is still happening without being sorted. I appreciate that David has done what he can - thank you. How long does it take for IT to fix this issue? They must be sorely overrun with problems.

Hi OPratt,

I'm 'glad' (but not happy its happened to you at all) that I am not the only one this has happened to.  I thought it was only us!

I've been trying to sort out exactly the same problem for my father in law.  Sadly he has had a stroke so verbal communication has been very limited for him, email an important one for him to get good wishes from distant family etc.  

His email (for approx 2 weeks) comes up with exactly the same as the image you posted.  I've had numerous messages from staff on here (who have really tried to help, good communication service from them direct, private message, to me) but still no change.

Could you let me know how/when you get fixed and I will do the same.

Thanks

pudos/Paul

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @OPratt,

Thank you for getting back to us on this thread. 

Can you tell us if you have previously registered for an online account for MyVirginMedia?

Under the sign in screen, you will see "No Account? Create One", on which you can click on and this will take you through the registration process.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @OPratt,

Taking another look at your account, I will send you a private message to discuss your issue a little further.

Look out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page.

I will be in touch shortly. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @OPratt,

Thank you chatting to me via Private Message about this issue, and for confirming that this is now resolved and you have full access to your online account.

I apologise that this process took quite a while, but our IT team were able to resolve this issue for you now.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Could you please advise how you resolved this. 

Yesterday I could log on to my emails fine and today it is not recognising either my email address or password, I am getting the same error messages as the original post you replied on.

Please assist before Virgin shuts down my sessions on my phone and I am stuck without an email address I've had for over 20yrs.

Thank you in advance.

James