Menu
Handbag1
Joining in
Message 21 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Spam solution

Thank you for the answer. The last week, something changed and I am now getting dozens and dozens of unwanted  emails. Am giving it a go. 

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 22 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I am getting more of the virus renewal scam now. It is going straight into my Spam Folder where I can erase the junk without opening it.

I have just checked my webmail account. A spam item was present displaying the red flag that the filter had attached. On the face of it, the filter is working. I was unsure earlier because the red flag was not displayed on the spam in my MAIL application; but since it is showing in my webmail account and the spam is landing in my Spam Folder, that's a success. Early days but we love and learn - hopefully!

0 Kudos
srm22
Tuning in
Message 23 of 52
Flag for a moderator

This worked a treat on the account I was getting all the spam in, but then they started arriving in my secondary account. I applied the rule to this one but everything then went into the spam folder! 

zzzzztt
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Yes, this workaround does work. All the spam goes into spam folder with a nice red flag. Thanks for the information :).

Now if only I could work out why my phone is not syncing & getting email... duh! But that's a whole other topic.

0 Kudos
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Well done Dave, this actually works. It's sent 20+ to the spam folder in a day and missed one that had a different date. At first I thought this filter will send ALL my email to the spam folder but it's only binned the junk so far 🙂
0 Kudos
Mary601
Joining in
Message 26 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Just did this just now after a few huufs and puffs.  Hopefully it stops me seeing the blighters in my inbox.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
hanleyfender
Tuning in
Message 27 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Trying this now myself as I've been (for around 2 weeks) mashed by spam like McAFee and Norton, and all sorts of others. Just cannot understand why Virgin wash their hands of this and allow their customers to suffer. I will report back when hopefully my spam folder starts filling up. 

Show0ff
Joining in
Message 28 of 52
Flag for a moderator

This has been driving me nuts for the last week or so. Just set up the filter and will cross my fingers it solves the issue. 

Thanks so much for sharing!

0 Kudos
Handbag1
Joining in
Message 29 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant. It worked. Thanks.
0 Kudos
steve_b
Dialled in
Message 30 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Great! All my notifications about Norton, Symantec "expiry" etc. now disappear into the spam folder and never reach me.

I suppose the scammers/spammers will eventually use a different template for the scam and this trick will stop working, but they clearly send out millions of these every day and either don't have the intelligence or desire to change it.

So glad I found this, shame Virgin can't act on things their customers work out. 😉

0 Kudos