Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozilla e mail down

paul243
On our wavelength

Hi

My Mozilla thunderbird email is not working on PC or  I phone

Message reads "login failed."

I've tried changing the password but every password I try to enter is rejected " you cannot use that password"

Spoke to customer services (for an hour!) they said would be be fixed but no joy.

Any help please? I need my e-mail!

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There must be some a complete backend mess with your current VM broadband account and associated email addresses. All I can suggest is that you let the VM Forum Team staff take another look at your account.  I will escalate this thread to them to ensure that they pick this thread up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul243 To help with diagnosis it would be helpful to know what happens when you access the email address concerned via VM webmail at https://mail.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

paul243
On our wavelength

Thanks but that's never worked! "Your Virgin webmail is unavailable" Been trying to fix that for years!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul243  That is quite worrying as it suggests that the email account concerned isn't attached to your current Virgin Media broadband account.  As I'm sure you are aware VM email addresses are only available whilst you have a VM broadband account.  Once this is closed all associated email addresses should be shut down after 90 days.  Often third party email apps continue to work long after webmail access has closed but eventually that goes as well.

paul243
On our wavelength

Don't quite follow, I do have a valid broadband account. The VM mailbox has never worked despite repeated attempts to recover. I gave up as it wasn't needed. What do I do now?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul243 I should have asked you this earlier as it isn't clear from your original post. Is the email address that you are having issues with a Virgin media one? That could be one of several domains, virgin.net, blueyonder.co.uk, ntlworld.com or Virginmedia.com.

I see that you posted about lack of webmail access back in 2021 and the issue was taken to private message by the VM team staff.  No further posts were made to say that it had been resolved.  

paul243
On our wavelength

It is indeed a "ntlworld.com" address.

The webmail issue was never resolved. I gave up on that as it isn't needed.

I have now also discovered that I cannot access billing etc. on "my VM" as "only the primary account holder can do this" - there's only me! 

What' going on?

Thanks Graham

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There must be some a complete backend mess with your current VM broadband account and associated email addresses. All I can suggest is that you let the VM Forum Team staff take another look at your account.  I will escalate this thread to them to ensure that they pick this thread up.

Hi @paul243 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the email issue.

I'll send you a PM now.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

paul243
On our wavelength

Your message screen has stopped!