cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to new address doesn’t have virgin media

Lisa-mciver28
Joining in

I am moving to an address that doesn’t have virgin media as of yet. I don’t want to leave being a customer so how would I go about still receiving broadband when I move 

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

You need to sign up with any of the other providers, BT, TalkTalk etc. As VM don't service your new address then it won't be possible to use them and similarly you won't be able to continue using any of the VM branded email addresses (ntlworld.com, virginmedia.com etc) as this is conditional on you having an active broadband account with VM.

It should be shut down (although can go on considerably longer) some 90 days after you cancel your existing account with VM. So my advice would be to get an non-ISP related email address (gmail, outlook etc.) and spend the time in gradually informing all of your contacts of this new address.

John

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lisa-mciver28

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that we cannot come with you to your new home as we do not currently provide for the area. That is a real shame. Have you registered your interest in receiving Virgin Media in your new area here https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker?

Kind regards,

Serena