cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving email address

DebbieCamina
Joining in

My parents have virgin account with an email address. They are moving in with me and I would like to move their email address to my account

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

VM used to be able to do this but I believe that their policy now is that it can only be done if;

a) both accounts are in the same name - ie a customer moves but takes their VM provision with them then a new account is created and the email moved to it

b) in the case of a bereavement

Do you have any email addresses of your own associated with your VM account? If so then even if VM were to do a 'move and transfer' it will wipe out any existing email addresses in favour of the transferred ones. It is an all or nothing I'm afraid.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DebbieCamina

Welcome to the community

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the confusion. Do your parents have services with us at their current property, or do they just have an email account with us? If so, the email address should have been orphaned.

If they have services with us, please speak to our movers team, as they can keep that account with us at your address and have 2 separate accounts in this scenario - yours and theirs.

If only an email account, this would either have to be migrated to your account but would remove any existing email accounts you have or sadly lost.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

my parents had a virgin media account with landline, broadband, tv etc. this account was cancelled on the 30th May.

I also have an account at my address. We do not want to pay two separate fees at the same address.

I have tried now on theee occasions using WhatsApp to sort this situation and I am on the chat for 3-4 hours and get nowhere just being transferred around.

I was in from 6.30-10pm tonight and someone said yes we can do that no problem, I will put you through to technical team and then the Bot just wanted to go through all the same information again insisting I was enquiring about an issue with my hub and wouldn’t put me through to someone so I gave up.

it’s incredibly hard work to get through to the right technical team

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DebbieCamina 

What you are asking for is not possible.

Virgin Email addresses are tied to broadband accounts.

If a customer moves house then what normally happens is.

1.  A new account is set up at the new address.
2.  The user then asks to transfer their existing address/es to the new account
3. Any addresses created for the new account are removed and replaced with the addresses linked to the old account.

VM have no system for porting addresses individually between accounts.  If your parents no longer have a broadband contract then their addresses will be lost after 90 days.

Even if VM were to transfer their addresses to your account, you would lose all your email addresses.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you @DebbieCamina for your updates.

I'm sorry but in order to migrate their email address across to your account, we would have to replace the current email address which would then be lost. 

If you would like us to look into doing this then please do let us know. 

Thanks again.