cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More emails are going into spam

RoyCa
On our wavelength

Has someone changed settings at Virginmedia? Far more emails are going into spam than usual. I even sent tests email to myself which ended up in spam. That does not normally happen.

23 REPLIES 23

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RoyCa 

Thanks for this. That shows that VM are certainly classing that email as spam for some reason.

Hopefully the VM techs can work out what's going on from that.

So just to confirm, those details are taken from the source of an email sent from  your VM email address to your VM email address?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RoyCa
On our wavelength

Strictly speaking, it is from my ntlworld address to my ntlworld address. I do have a virginmedia one but that was not affected. However, the majority of people have my ntlworld address so I tend to stick with that.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue still occur if the message body is empty; that includes exclusion of signature?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

RoyCa
On our wavelength

I have just sent one to myself with the title, "I am sending this without a message" The message box was completely blank. It went into Spam with the message, "This email has no content"

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Hi @RoyCa,

Sorry to hear your spam issue is still ongoing. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. In this case, please try the following link and let me know if it helps https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-spam-settings.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

RoyCa
On our wavelength

If you go back through the thread in full, you will see that I have jumped through all the hoops in that particular thread already without any success.

Thank you for letting me know @RoyCa

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please lookout for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

RoyCa
On our wavelength

To the rest of the Virgin Media Community. I think I have a solution.

On a hunch, I emptied my Spam folder completely thinking perhaps the was a spam email in there acting like a virus and contaminating the system.
I have now sent test emails to myself and they have gone into my Inbox as normal.

So, if any of you are having this problem of emails ending up in spam, try emptying your Spam folder.

RoyCa
On our wavelength

False alarm. Yesterday it worked. Today it has relapsed.