cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing years archive

chrisG4
Tuning in

Under Archive the years 2017-2020 have unaccountably disappeared and the years 2010-2016 are still showing. Don't know how this has happened. But is it possible to recover the missing years and if so, how? Any advice much appreciated.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Trying the following:

• sign into webmail
  • select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email
  • scroll to foot of page,  select Change IMAP subscriptions
  • select to expand folder view and repeat until all folders are visible
  • make sure all folders are selected (✓)
    NB if missing folders are not seen by this point then there is no point continuing
  • select Save and then Email (located top left)
  • press Ctrl + Shift + R to refresh page and confirm any folders selected in previous steps are shown

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Trying the following:

• sign into webmail
  • select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email
  • scroll to foot of page,  select Change IMAP subscriptions
  • select to expand folder view and repeat until all folders are visible
  • make sure all folders are selected (✓)
    NB if missing folders are not seen by this point then there is no point continuing
  • select Save and then Email (located top left)
  • press Ctrl + Shift + R to refresh page and confirm any folders selected in previous steps are shown

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks but I tried this following an earlier post of yours. No luck unfortunately. But thanmks for responding.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon ChrisG4, 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your email archive, Please could I ask how you are accessing your emails? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak

Thanks for taking an interest.

I access my emails through the Virgin Media Inbox platform - https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home?intcmpid=myvmredirect

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. It's great that you access the email through webmail directly. 

Have you deleted the mails on another device at all? 

When looking within webmail, there should be a deleted folder. Do the mails appear there at all?

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

You asked me 'When looking within webmail, there should be a deleted folder. Do the mails appear there at all?'

The answer I'm afraid is no, they don't.

I've explored every part of the site I think and there's nothing there. The other years I'd archived are still there, it's just  the years I said were missing that have vanished.

I was sort of hoping there is somewhere in the VM mail system that still has a record of them.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm really sorry but if they are not in the deleted folders either then it would mean the mails are gone for good. 

I would recommend backing anything up that is important in case this happens again in future. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's what I suspected, Kath but thanks for trying.

What I can't fathom is how I managed to delete five separate files in one go. 

But obviously I did.

That's life I'm afraid.

But thanks again

Chris