cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing emails

stuartmc
Joining in

I have used blueyonder.come.uk for my email on virginmedia.com for years. As of 1st August 2021 most of my emails haven’t been arriving.  I’ve sent tests from another device to my blueyonder.co.uk address and those have arrived (slowly).

I checked the settings given by Virgin for blueyonder (although they are mess on their sites) I.e. incoming : imap4.blueyonder.co.uk, username, password, 993, ssl. Outgoing: smtp.blueyonder.co.uk, username, password, 465, ssl. 

I’ve also tried deleting the account and restating it. No luck.

Are there any answers out there?

Cheers, Stuart.

17 REPLIES 17

Graham,

I followed these instructions - can’t find any evidence of interference with my account. I even had Virgin check that there’s no untoward activity!

Baffled. Still not receiving all emails.

regards, Stuart.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To troubleshoot the issue consider confirming with sender that missing emails are not due to delivery failure and then trying the following to determine successful delivery to your Inbox folder:

• sign into webmail
  • select My folder, then ☰ (located next to folder name) and Add new folder
  • enter an appropriate folder name, like Temporary, and then select Add
  • select (located top right), then Settings, ▸ Email, Filter Rules, and Add new rule; new rule should be as shown below
    2021-08-09.jpeg
  • select Save
  • confirm each new email in Inbox folder has a corresponding entry in Temporary folder; if there is a discrepancy then examine any other (IMAP) email clients being used against the account for possible explanation, i.e. filtering of missing emails

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks to everyone for there help in trying to sort this out.

I have just been on Virgin webmail and received an email. However it has disappeared without me being able to read it.

could this be what’s happened to the others?

regards, Stuart.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As mentioned earlier, set up the filter rule to catch all received emails to a temporary folder and if no other (IMAP) email client points to the cause then consider following the advice here, My Virgin Media account has been hacked

Good morning,

I set up a Temporary folder - this mirrors the inbox.

Still receiving some emails but not others.

Anyway thanks to all for your patience and time.

I’ll let you all get on with your lives!

thanks and regards, Stuart.

Hi stuartmc

Thanks for the update, have you been able to follow the steps in the link provided by 用心棒 in regards to the email issues?

Rob

Good morning Rob,

yes, I’ve set up a Temporary folder. There are no discrepancies between the inbox and the temporary folder.

I’ve checked the forwarding instructions and also had Virgin check my account. Nothing appears to be amiss at their end.

However, I am now receiving more emails each day. Not all that I expect, but these may be from sItes I could happily do without.

regards, Stuart.

Thank you for the update @stuartmc.

Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs