cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing emails from Webmail

Andy-Robinson
Tuning in

I created a new folder the other day on my webmail inbox and moved a lot of emails to it but now the folder is showing empty and the messages are not in the main inbox?

Lots of other emails from the likes of Ebay & Paypal that I moved into another folder are still there so I have no idea where the others have gone

Can Virgin recover these emails at all?

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In webmail:

• select ≡ > Settings > ▸ Email
  • move to foot of page and select Change IMAP subscriptions
  • select until all folder views are expanded
  • confirm all folder are selected ()
  • select Save
  • select Email located top left and then Ctrl + Shift + R if selected folders are not shown

If the missing emails cannot be located in any of the folders shown then they are, regrettably, not recoverable.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Andy-Robinson,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your email service and storage recently. I can see that @用心棒 has offered some advice on this. Have those steps helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Tried as suggested, all folders showing but no emails in the folder I created and called save even though I copied lots of messages into it.

Hi Andy-Robinson,

用心棒 sadly has advised that if what he has suggested doesn't work, there would be no way to get those emails back.

Alex_Rm