cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate and Switch

MrB999
On our wavelength

Good afternoon 

Is it still possible to migrate and switch NTLWorld email accounts to a current VirginMedia account please? We still have the emails working, but have no access to MyVirginMedia to manage the email accounts as they are linked to an old Virgin account.

I have received an email from a scammer (appearing to come from my email account) with my password stated in the text, so need access to my account to change the security settings please.

Many thanks 

13 REPLIES 13

MrB999
On our wavelength

Please can a mod assist as this is getting serious for me - I cannot access my NTLWorkd email account to change my password through MyVirginMedia due to the above.

My account has been hacked and they are starting to change my passwords on Twitter and other accounts and intercepting the emails.

Thank you

@MrB999 I will escalate this to the forum team who should get to it if not today then probably tomorrow and offer to contact you and see what can be done.

Your mention of 'old' virginmedia account does imply that you are not a current broadband customer with an active account, is that the case?

MrB999
On our wavelength

Thank you @jem101

We are current Virgin Media account holders and the email is attached to a previous account at the same address, so a Migrate and Switch should hopefully still be possible.

My urgent concern today is I cannot access the settings to reset my email password, which has been hacked (the reset password link does not work for my account).

Many thanks

Hi @MrB999 thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're unable to register to My Virgin Media on your previously used email address with us.

Are you receiving a message along the lines of "We're sorry to see you go" or that you've left us for example, is that what's happening please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

MrB999
On our wavelength

Hi @Tom_W1. 

Thank you for your reply. Trying to reset the email password through https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password states "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media."

My access to My Virgin Media with this email has been removed.

I appreciate it requires a Migrate and Switch to regain full control of the account, which we would like to do please, but in the interim if there is a way to reset the password to stop this hack then that would be really appreciated.

MrB999
On our wavelength

Hi .@Tom_W1 

Further to my reply yesterday, today I do not have access to my NTLWorld email on either my iPhone or laptop, which I did have access to until last night. They are now both throwing errors. My iPhone says "No password provided" and my Outlook says "cannot connect to the server" even though I haven't changed the password and the current password is correctly entered (I can't access webmail or MyVirginMedia, and assume the hacker can't either to make any changes?). It may be related to the hacking/compromised password issue reported yesterday morning, otherwise an odd coincidence unless a security setting has been triggered on your systems? Child email accounts still have access.

I am hoping mods can help regain access and control to our email accounts please, to help resolve this.

Thank you for your help.

Hey MrB999, thank you for reaching back out, I am sorry to see you cannot get into your emails.

I am going to send you a PM, so I can look into this further more with you.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

MrB999
On our wavelength
Thank you .@Matthew_ML - I will look out for your message.

MrB999
On our wavelength

@Matthew_ML wrote:

Hey MrB999, thank you for reaching back out, I am sorry to see you cannot get into your emails.

I am going to send you a PM, so I can look into this further more with you.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Sorry to trouble you again .@Matthew_ML, but I cannot see a purple message/PM from you or another mod? Apologies if this is being dealt with already, I don't wish to create hassle for the forum team, but am concerned the hacker is up to all sorts of mischief that I don't know about without email access (they have already taken my Twitter account, changing the email and mobile recovery options, which Twitter will not release back to me without access to this email account). Thank you.