cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Verification Emails

Mithmano1
Tuning in

I have been locked out of my PC and Microsoft require me to verify my account using a code that is sent to my Virgin email. I am not receiving these emails immediately (they either don’t arrive at all or arrive 12 hours later). 

I need to access my PC urgently so I would appreciate help with this. Why are the emails from Microsoft not turning up into my inbox?

Just to be clear: they are not going into my spam/junk folder, the email address is spelled correctly on Microsoft’s end and I am able to receive emails from other senders. 

I’ve noticed others saying this…. How am I meant to resolve this problem??

14 REPLIES 14

abadonuk
Tuning in

Believe it or not but, I resorted to reinstalling Windows on one of my PCs as if you install Windows in the standard fashion then get locked out Via Microsoft account issues there is no way in. Needless to say I used the "I don't have Internet" option when doing the reinstall.

Yes!! Hallelujah!!

Thank you so much for fixing - I am thrilled to be back into my PC. 

I'm confused right now, I'm happy you managed to get back into your computer, Albeit extreme measures. But considering the E-mail problem hasn't been addressed, I guess nothing has actually been resolved. 

The email issue does seem to be resolved for me.

I wasn’t receiving the Microsoft verification emails straight away after requesting them. Virgin seemed to have fixed the problem on their back end, and now when I request a verification code I am able to receive it.

I would try again if you’re having the same issue with the Microsoft verification codes. 

Many thanks for clarifying this. It sounded like re-installing windows was the real issue. Which it wasn't, as I've been getting instant e-mails from every other source. The real issue I guess is VM not making any kind of helpful announcement that the issue existed, they were actually working on a fix. and even that it had been.