cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams verification codes failing to arrive by email

aflynn
Joining in

Microsoft Teams verification codes for login are failing to be delivered to my ntlworld.com email address in a timely way. If they arrive at all it's usually well into the night by which time they have expired. My Teams account has been reset by the owner without any improvement, so it looks to be a problem of e-mail delivery between Microsoft security and Virgin Media. Need Virgin Media tech support to resolve please.

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst waiting for the forum team to respond consider using an email header analyser to help determine the point of delay, for example Email Header Analyzer

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi aflynn, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problem you've encountered with Microsoft Teams verification codes failing to arrive. 

Further to the helpful advice above, can I check if you're using an email client? If you are, have you checked to see if the problem is the same when logging into webmail directly? (https://mail.virginmedia.com)

Tom

Thanks, this is helpful.  

It shows a 14-hour delay caused by a failure in DMARC compliance.  

Thanks Tom for the reply.

I'm mostly using webmail directly.

Using the Header Analyser as suggested above, looks like these messages are experiencing failure in SPF Authentication and DKIM Body Hash Verification.  The messages get through eventually but after 14 hours.  

The messages are verification codes from Microsoft to authenticate login to Teams and they expire after 30 minutes.  Normally they take just a few seconds to arrive and were working fine until a few days ago.  

Thanks

Andrew

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us posted on this Andrew. Please get back to me via PM and we'll be able to raise this with the relevant teams who will take a closer look into it for us.

Tom