cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mam's heritage virgin.net email account - how to close it?

BillGibbon
On our wavelength

My Mam signed up for a virgin.net email account way back in the time where Virgin got it's money from the dial-up costs. She never ever had a Virginmedia account of any kind, but the mailbox still exists and was used by her until just a few weeks ago. She has now died and I want to close the account properly to avoid any potential spamming/spoofing.  I know that these heritage accounts are gradually being closed down, but wonder if it's safe just to let time to take its course or whether there are any actions I should take to pre-empt automatic closure.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BillGibbon wrote:

I want to close the account properly to avoid any potential spamming/spoofing. ... whether there are any actions I should take to pre-empt automatic closure. 

Sorry to hear about your Mam. My condolences to you and the family.

You have taken all the necessary action by posting on this forum.  One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in the next day or so. They will take the necessary details via the forum's private message facility and then arrange for the email account to be fully deleted.

I will try to keep an eye on this thread and  I will escalate it directly to the team if it looks as if you have been overlooked.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BillGibbon wrote:

I want to close the account properly to avoid any potential spamming/spoofing. ... whether there are any actions I should take to pre-empt automatic closure. 

Sorry to hear about your Mam. My condolences to you and the family.

You have taken all the necessary action by posting on this forum.  One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in the next day or so. They will take the necessary details via the forum's private message facility and then arrange for the email account to be fully deleted.

I will try to keep an eye on this thread and  I will escalate it directly to the team if it looks as if you have been overlooked.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry - I though I'd replied earlier.  Thank you for your thoughts and this information. I look forward to hearing further in due course. B

Hi BillGibbon,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are really sorry to hear about your loss, please accept our condolences, I will invite you into a private chat where I can take some further details and make sure the Email address is permanently deleted for you.

I will send an invite shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.