cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

XTed
On our wavelength

Hi. Yesterday afternoon my email suddenly stopped working, the email client flagging up an 'Authentication failed' error.

No amount of re-entering the password helped, so I logged on to webmail, which said:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile...

I waited but the issue didn't resolve, so I rang 150. The person I spoke to couldn't help, and told me she'd pass it on to the relevant department who would ring me within 48 hours. I asked if it could be treated more urgently than this, but she said unfortunately not.

To be honest, I'm a bit shocked I couldn't be put straight through to somebody who could fix the issue, given this isn't a cheap service. I renewed my contract last week, willing to pay a premium in the belief the service would be better. 

As I could be waiting two days for a fix (taking my mobile into the shower, etc., in case I miss a call!), I thought I'd post on here.

I've read other posts regarding this issue and tried changing the password in my online virgin account settings, but it didn't work. I'm worried I'll be missing important work emails, so I'd be very grateful if somebody could look into this.

In case it's relevant, my email address is a long-standing Blueyonder one.

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @XTed,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post! I'm so sorry to hear you're unable to get into your mailbox at the moment.

I'll be happy to take a look into this for you and try to get you back in. I'll send you a private message so I can first confirm your account details, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @XTed,

Thanks for chatting with me via private message - I'm very glad I've been able to unlock this for you.

If there's anything we can do in the future, please don't hesitate to drop back to the forums!

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

XTed
On our wavelength

Thanks for sorting this so quickly, Molly, I really appreciate it.