Menu
shepherd1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

Hi, This appears to be a common issue. For well over two weeks I have had the "Your mailbox is unavailable" come up when trying to access said mailbox. Calls to technical help have not fixed the issue though I have been told I have been both "unblocked" and "reactivated" with no luck. I am then told by the technical help that many are in the same position and that technicians are working on the issue but with no promise of a resolution date.

I can see from this forum that this issue appears to have been resolved on occasions and would appreciate any assistance anyone can give in sorting the issue.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

Hi shepherd1,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. It disappointing to hear that you've been advised that we have re-activated and unblocked your email only for you still to be locked out.

Can we ask if you have tried yourself to change your password through you online Virgin Media account? Sometimes once you do this it allows you to gain access again.

Once you have done this we also recommend doing a anti-virus scan on all devices you have accessed the impacted email from and to check your auto forwarding rules which may have been set up in your web mail.

Please can you try the above first and if you still require assistance come back to us so we can help you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
shepherd1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

Thankyou for your interest and suggestions in this matter. I am still having the same problem.

As regards changing the email access password, this has been changed twice by virgin technicians with no affect. I only have to try and access my Virgin mail box and the "Mailbox Unavailable" message comes up - that is, I cannot get to the login screen that asks me if I have forgotten my password and the possibility of changing it.

I have Bullguard Antivirus running on my Laptop and have had no issue with it. Regarding Auto Forwarding rules my Virgin Mailbox is linked to a Microsoft Outlook account and I am still able to read mails there sent to my Virgin Mail address but I am unable to send mails out on my Virgin Mail address.

I have also tried to access my Virgin Mailbox on different laptops and through different browsers with no luck.

Thanks and Regards Shepherd1

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to shepherd1

We really appreciate you trying the above and apologies that we have been unable resolve this issue with the technicians you have already spoken to.

Due to this I am going to try from my end for you. I will pop you over a private message. Click on the purple envelope to accept that chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos