Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

Hi, I have the same problem as many people here - I cannot access my virgin.net account. I have this error message saying mailbox unavailable:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

This has been going on all day. I have tried Webchat but the window closed itself after I waited an hour or so for a reply. I’m hoping someone from Virgin will pick up this message.

I had to create a new email account to join the community as I couldn’t verify my identity through the Virgin account... madness!

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

Hi there @JuraGirl

We have been aware of a couple of email issues that were impacting a few of our customers last week - this was investigated and some issues were restored on Friday. 

Have you checked things over the weekend at all? 

You advise that you have a virgin.net email address. Can you confirm if you still have active services with Virgin Media? 

You can read more about the email issues here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT

I have been checking every hour when I’m awake since Friday and I still have the same message.

I do have an active service with Virgin Media but I haven’t managed to link my email account to it. As it was working I didn’t realise it was an issue.

I read the email you’ve linked to on Friday but I don’t see an update since then. 

Thanks for any further help.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that JuraGirl. Let us take a look from here and see what we can do to help. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom