Menu
carolef
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

I am constantly getting the error page for mailbox unavailable. I can see others have had the same problems and there is no solution without having someone from support message. I am hoping someone can help with this.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
carolef
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble accessing email

I am unable to access my email account also. It just says mailbox unavailable, try again in an hour, and the problem isn't resolved after that time. Please can you fix this for me? Thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

are you still a VM internet customer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
carolef
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, in fact I just renewed again for another 12 months.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

is the email address attached to your current vm account or was it setup on an old now closed account.

If its on your current account and then you will need to change the password and wait for one of the vm staff to get here to unblock the account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
carolef
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's attached to my current VM account. I have already tried resetting my password as I saw that in another thread so I guess I will wait for the VM staff. Thanks ever so much for you help

Adeewest
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

Unfortunately there is no good news, I have been promised numerous times that this will be fixed, I've now been waiting approxamatly 26 days(I've stopped counting). The problem is whenever you speak or contact vm they say they will get their it departent to sort it by sending them a report, trouble being the it department were not at work so nothing has been done. They did go back on Monday when I finally recived another update. The latest is they were going to give me a call back in 7-10 days.. I suggest you call them , don't let them tell you to change your password (I've done that about 20 times). It is not a password issue as you can log into your account. It is because VM have disabled your account and they are the only ones who can read enable it

0 Kudos
Adeewest
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I Don't understand why you keep telling people to change their password, it's not a password issue as they can log into their account including the email account. The problem is VM have disabled the email account and they need to register enable it

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

correct they have disabled the account. Normally due to suspicious activity so you need to change the password before the account can be unblocked. if you do not go this the account will just lock again

IgnoredUser
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Nobody is fixing it, they just say they are.
0 Kudos