cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

CG_30
Joining in

Hi there - I'm trying to access my emails (as I do daily), but have just seen this error message:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

I think that this error means that the email account has been locked by and would be very grateful if someone could re-enable it please as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

10 REPLIES 10

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CG_30, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry that this is the case - if this is still an issue for you at present would you be able to follow the steps on this link: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... this would help get it resolved for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan

Many thanks for your message.  I've tried the instructions on that page and to fully re-set my password, have logged in, gone to Update Settings, then Account Details, but when I click Account Details, I get the following error message, so am unable to change the password:

Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again

I really don't know why or how the account has been locked as the correct password has been used on both my phone and computer (as it's stored in the mail programme).  In addition to this, I can't log on via the web browser access, so I don't know what is happening. 

Any further advice would be really appreciated as the email has now been inaccessible for over two days. 

Many thanks
Chris 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CG_30  The mailbox is locked/unavailable message usually means that the VM security team have identified some suspicious activity on the email account and have locked the account for your protection.

The opps message suggests that there is another problem with your account.  This will need VM Forum Team staff help when they reach this thread.

Whilst waiting for them to respond can you confirm that the email account concerned is part of your current VM broadband account?

@ModTeam The sticky post that Ryan referred to needs updating to reflect the recent changes in the My Virgin Media account pages, especially as regards changing passwords on secondary accounts which can no longer be done in the way set out in the sticky post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

The email account is a secondary account and not directly linked to a Broadband account.  I cannot see any way of directly updating the password in the my virgin media webpages.

Many thanks
Chris

HI @CG_30

Thanks for coming back to us. If it's not linked to a broadband account then it's potentially being terminated as all emails should be linked to an active account. I will send you a PM though as we maybe able to help, no guarantees.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi CG_30

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to advise further, we need to speak to the account holder as this is an account holder only topic. 

Best.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for replying to this chat.  I'm the account holder and would be very grateful for any help you are able to provide to unlock the account.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi SH_301,

Thank you for reaching out, the account holder would need to contact us so we can discuss this further.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

As per my message above, I am the account holder.

Do you need me to start a new thread including all the details again for you to investigate or are you able to use the details previously provided?

I'd be very grateful if you would clarify.

Many thanks.