cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable.

ChrisG51
Tuning in

Yesterday my email stopped working. On the laptop I get the "Your mailbox is unavailable" message. on my phone i can see my old, frozen mailboxes and at the bottom of the page I get a message "Updated on 21/01/2021". I called 150 but they were no help but raised a ticket" which could be 5 days before a reply. I am trying to run a holiday let business and my customers can't contact me! I need it back up and running. Please help

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisG51 

Provided that the email address concerned is linked to your current VM broadband account then try following the advice here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked/td-p/4808847/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I will add that using a VM residential email account to run a business is a really bad idea as well as being contrary to the account terms and conditions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham,

I've changed my password and it has worked. Thank you, I don't know why the telephone heldesk couldn't have told me that.

Many thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisG51 wrote:

Thanks Graham,

I've changed my password and it has worked. Thank you, I don't know why the telephone heldesk couldn't have told me that.

Many thanks

Good to read that you are back in.  As for the telephone support, why indeed!

Going forward you should think very carefully about your email provision if you rely on it for a lettings business.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ChrisG51

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Glad to hear this has resolved your issue, if you require any further help please do contact us.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs