cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

dougt147
Joining in

My VM mailbox is saying unavailble. Advice is to reset password, which I can't do as I can't sign in to the mailbox to use the reset link.

How do I get this fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dougt147 You don't need access to the mailbox in order to change the password.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dougt147 You don't need access to the mailbox in order to change the password.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi Graham

Thanks for reply - I've managed to reset my password using the info you provided, however I still get "mailbox unavailable" when I log in. Is there anything further I could try, do you know?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe worth trying again to access the email later this evening as some have reported that it can take a while for the password change to percolate through the VM servers. Otherwise, @dougt147  The VM Forum Team will need to pick this one up to assist you further.

They probably won't reach this thread until tomorrow now.

Hi @dougt147 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to access your email address.  I'd like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

One more thing before I send a private message, @dougt147

Could you please clear your browsing history and cache or alternatively use a different browser?  You'd be surprised how often that works.  Please let me know how that goes.  If that does not work, I will send you a private message.

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee

Thanks for the reply - yes I've tried that too, but still no luck. I think my mailbox is locked for some reason. Would appreciate any further assistance you can offer.

Hi dougt147

Thanks for coming back to us.

I will send you a PM now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM dougt147

Just to update the thread, the email issue was sorted via IT.

My apologies again for the time it took to solve.

If you do ever need us going forward, please don't hesitate to pop us a public post and we'll be more than happy to help.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill