cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

Mark140361
Joining in

Hello VM Forum Team

I have been unable to access my webmail mailbox owing to “Your mailbox is unavailable at the moment”. The reason for this is the profile of my virgin media  account [REMOVED]ntlworld.com is showing an email address [REMOVED]ntlworld.com which no longer exists. Customer services have raised 2 tickets to get this fixed but this still hasn’t been done. Please help.

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mark140361, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with your mailbox. We can help get it sorted - I'll contact you via Private Message - just look out for the purple envelope and get back to me with the requested info when you can.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Mark140361

I've re-enabled the mailbox now - you will also need to reset the password for the mailbox to something new that you've never used before to ensure this problem doesn't reoccur. 

If you have any further problems from there please feel free to send me another PM.

Tom 

Mark140361
Joining in

Hi Tom

Thanks for trying but the issue is with the profile of [REMOVED]ntlworld.com and not the mailbox. As you can see from the attached screenshot of the profile for [REMOVED]ntlworld.com the virgin media mail address is [REMOVED]ntlworld.com which no longer exists hence my mailbox unavailable message.

If you can amend the mail address in my profile to [REMOVED]ntlworld that would be great. If you can’t can you please find someone in IT who can e.g. database administrator. The 2 IT tickets that have been raised have been unable to resolve this issue and I don’t think raising another will help. Your my last resort - please help.

B9271F62-F3B8-479C-83F3-A900C79DE18E.png

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mark140361, admittedly I'm not the most knowledgeable person around the email service however please rest assured I've handled many queries about this particular issue and have never not been able to get it sorted. 

Can you please confirm you've tried the above before we proceed? 

Tom 

Hi Tom

I can confirm I’m still getting mailbox unavailable when trying to access email for [REMOVED]ntlworld.com using webmail.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you, I've escalated this with the IT team and will get back to you with an update asap.

Tom