Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

pcclemence
Tuning in

Hi

I need some help.

I have changed my username and e mail. When on the VM dashboard it tells me to check my e mail inbox to verify the information. When trying to go into the e mail inbox I get the message

"

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

How can I get into my inbox?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I understand changing the username to a Virginmedia email address is fraught with problems.

I think that the VM Forum Team will need to take a look at your account to see what is going on.

They will respond to this thread in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have changed the username for a Virgin media email address the new username needs to be a third party email address that you already have access to.

The confirmation email is sent to the third party email address.

If you have tried to change it to another VM email address then you can cancel the process via your My Virgin Media account having signed in with the original username.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi. Thanks for the reply. When I try and sign with the new username I get a message saying I need to verify the username which I can't do. When I signed up I used a 3rd party email and changed it to a new virgin media e mail. I cannot get into the virgin media e mail because I can't verify it. Any advice?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I understand changing the username to a Virginmedia email address is fraught with problems.

I think that the VM Forum Team will need to take a look at your account to see what is going on.

They will respond to this thread in due course.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @pcclemence.

I am sorry for the issues that you are having with your email.

Can you tell me what steps you have taken so far? 

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Hayley

Thanks for your reply.

I have been into my profile to change my username. Under username and password it says you have recently changed your username from.... to....

Before you can sign in with your new username, please:

1. Check your inbox for the email address 'webteam@virginmedia.co.uk' and look for the email we sent you on 30/05/2021
  2. Open the message and click on the 'Confirm my username' link

Can't find the email? This email may take a few minutes to appear but please check your spam or junk folder in case it's in there, and make sure that emails from us are allowed through in future or send it again.

When I try and go into the e mail tab to confirm I get the e mail is unavailable message. I'm kind of stuck of how can I confirm an e mail that I can't get access to.

Thanks for explaining further.

I have been unable to locate your account using your Forum details so will pop you a PM now for some further info. 

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for providing the details as requested via PM. 

I have taken a look at the account and can see an IT ticket has been raised regarding this already on 31/05 and we advised it is expected to take up to 5 working days to resolve this issue. 

Let us know if you do not hear from the team next week. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

Thanks for your reply. Can this not be sorted sooner and then the ticket can be closed?

Hi pcclemence,

I'm afraid it's not possible for us to speed up the process of getting this fixed for you, as these are our standard resolution time scales for IT tickets. 

However if you would ever like an update on the progress of the issue, you're welcome to ask us at anytime and we'll be happy to check up on it. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth