cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable - locked out of emails

kathgoodwin
Joining in

I am locked out of my E mails too and I have spent yesterday and today trying to get into them. Every time I try and change my password it rejects it all. I have even had someone who works in IT to help and he too cannot get it changed. I have done a virus scan more than once and used numerous new passwords but with no joy. the wait to chat on line to anyone is horrendous. I waited 2 hours last night and all day today but as you can see with no results. I too am waiting on important e mails to come through. they may even be there waiting but i cannot access them. what is the answer?????

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread and subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know. I'd like to take a closer look into it and see what we can do to help - please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll take it from there.

Tom

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

albob
Superfast

The first question usually asked in these cases is --- Do you have an active broadband account with Virgin? (if not your email address is liable to be deleted..)

The other advice is to follow the actions in the thread (but sounds like you have already tried..)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

New password should be completely new/unique

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kathgoodwin, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had some problems accessing your email account. As helpfully advised by albob above - resetting the password to something new/never used before and waiting at least 10mins before tying to access it again is all that should be required to get this sorted.

However uou do also need to have active broadband services with us for us to be able to help further with this - is that the case for you? Please keep us posted.

Tom

Hi thanks for the responses 

Yes I have An active VM broadband account 

my password has been reset several times by me and by the VM customer service rep sending a secure link 

But still it won’t let me access my email- still waiting for a call back 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kathgoodwin,

Thank you for coming back to us about your email issue. We understand that this can be very frustrating.

Can you tell us if you've followed the tips outlined by my colleague in their previous post? Please reset your email to something new and never used before, and wait at least 10 mins before trying to access your mailbox again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I have followed the instructions as per previous post and followed instructions given by VM customer service 

i have tried 12 new and different passwords, waited 10/15 mins between and still my account is locked out 

yes I have an active VM broadband account 

I can’t access my email either via web or mail programme 

thanks for all your help so far 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know. I'd like to take a closer look into it and see what we can do to help - please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll take it from there.

Tom