Menu
BomberHQ
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable - IMAP and webmail

Hi,

I lost access to my virgin.net email a couple of days ago; been fine for more than 10 years 😉

Ive changed the password with no luck. I understand an admin needs to unlock the account.

I'd be very grateful if someone could 🙂

Regards,

Kevin.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable - IMAP and webmail

This could be caused by a number of reasons.  Is the address linked to your current VM broadband account?

Or, it may have been locked for security reasons.

The Forum Team will ask you to change the password on the account. You may need to use Forgotten Password: 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Depending on you answers the Forum Team will be able to advise further. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BomberHQ
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. Its a virgin.net email address and not linked to a current broadband account. I can still log into the account management page and have changed the password.

Kind regards,

Kevin.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@BomberHQ wrote:

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. Its a virgin.net email address and not linked to a current broadband account. I can still log into the account management page and have changed the password.

Kind regards,

Kevin.

Do you have a current Virgin Media broadband account?
Did you ask for your virgin.net email address to be associated with any current VM broadband account?

Are you aware that without a current VM broadband account you will eventually lose the virgin.net email address altogether?
Are you aware that, even with a current VM broadband account, associating your virgin.net email address with any current VM account will lose you any other VM email addresses currently active?

Please do the sensible thing, set up an ISP independent email address and migrate to that as soon as possible. You will get better security, better spam filtering, better support and no hassles if /when you move to a different ISP.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Sololobo wrote:

@BomberHQ wrote:

Hi Graham,

Kind regards,

Kevin.

Do you have a current Virgin Media broadband account?
Did you ask for your virgin.net email address to be associated with any current VM broadband account?

Are you aware that without a current VM broadband account you will eventually lose the virgin.net email address altogether?
Are you aware that, even with a current VM broadband account, associating your virgin.net email address with any current VM account will lose you any other VM email addresses currently active?

Please do the sensible thing, set up an ISP independent email address and migrate to that as soon as possible. You will get better security, better spam filtering, better support and no hassles if /when you move to a different ISP.

OP is aware - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Question-for-all-virgin-net-email-forum-users/m-p...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
BomberHQ
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses. I am aware the email account is old and there is a risk it could be switched off.

However, I can see the SMTP server still responds to requests to this address, so I am simply asking if the account can be unlocked.

I would be grateful if an admin could arrange it.

Regards,

Kevin.

0 Kudos
Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you dont have a current broadband account you are goosed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
BomberHQ
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So, in summary, there's no-one here who can actually help.

Im simply, and politely, asking for 30 seconds of a tech admin's time ...

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BomberHQ,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're unable to access your emails. 

As you're no longer a Virgin broadband customer, I can't guarantee I'll be able to help, but I'm happy to try 🙂

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos