Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox not available

My email [MOD EDIT:Removed] on 3 different systems have all rejected my password.

i have now changed my password and security question but it is still unavailable.

can you please help?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox not available

@JohnEpton wrote:

My email xxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com on 3 different systems have all rejected my password.

i have now changed my password and security question but it is still unavailable.

can you please help?

Firstly you need to click on 'Post Options' on your post, then 'Edit' and remove your email account from the post. Spammers and Scammers pick up email addresses posted on open forums like this one so you may have already compromised your account. I have notified the Moderators to redact the address in case you cannot.

Secondly, if your account is correctly linked to your Broadband account the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees) should be able to update you and get it sorted for you. However, there is a know fault at the moment, see here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661/page/... 

Hang on and Forum Team will contact you via this forum.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey there JohnEpton,

Sorry to hear you're unable to access your email despite having changing your password. Can you try again as I've checked that it's enabled? Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Lisa

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lisa

Looks like its all OK now on my iPad and Outlook Express.

However when I try to access email via the Webmail link from the Virgin Media page I get a message: 403 Forbidden

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Happy to hear you're able to access it on the third party email applications JohnEpton. About the webmail link, it may be linked to a fault that we're aware of that @coenoby gave out. I'm sorry about this but we're working on a fix for the 403 Forbidden error and fingers crossed we hope it will be soon.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lisa

On the same subject:

I just noticed an email that was sent a few days ago reporting suspicious activity on my account and saying that my mail box would be shut down.

This is reasonable and helpful. However it was sent to my normal email account which of course I could not access until the problem was resolved!!  This is not very helpful.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I've peeked at your details again and I can confirm that I can't see the usual automated notes that the system sends on your account. To confirm, we don't shut down the email in the sense that they are deleted, but it may be locked. I can confirm that I cannot see that anything has been locked either.

With the above in mind, please be mindful about what emails you receive as they may be spam ones and not sent by Virgin Media. If you ever do receive such emails, never click on any links inside the email and check your online account and email accounts separately in a new browser session for example.

Regards,

Lisa

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@JohnEpton wrote:

Lisa

On the same subject:

I just noticed an email that was sent a few days ago reporting suspicious activity on my account and saying that my mail box would be shut down.

This is reasonable and helpful. However it was sent to my normal email account which of course I could not access until the problem was resolved!!  This is not very helpful.

John

@JohnEpton As far as I understand VM do not send such warning emails.  If they lock an account for security reasons they normally send a text message if they have a mobile contact number, or they send a letter by Royal Mail.

There are, however, a number of malicious phishing emails doing the rounds containing similar threats.  See this recent security post for examples: 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-17-06-2020/m-p/4293585

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks