Menu
sheffted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox not available

I have 2 mailboxes on virgin.net.  One is operational, but the main one that I use for most of my correspondence is getting a message saying my mail box is unavailable.  I can access my Virgin Media account and profile, just not this email account. I rang the number on the message today and was advised that as I am an area 34 customer I now needed to speak with someone at Talk Talk, but they were unable to give me a phone number and closed down the conversation quickly.  This is not a great time to lose your email, is there anyone out there who can help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mailbox not available

Sadly you have been spun a false line by the phone support line.

In view of this I will escalate your post so that the Forum Team can respond ahead of their normal waiting time.

Whilst waiting for them to respond can you confirm if the email address concerned is listed under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs when signed into the primary account on My Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheffted,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

My apologies the conversation was conducted like that. 

I need to get some information from you to help with this. I will Private message you to get this so I can see what can be done. 

^Martin

sheffted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Graham, many thanks for your speedy reply. Yes, the email listed on my profile (t--m.t--t-r@virgin.net) is my main account and the one that I cannot access the mailbox. Thanks

0 Kudos
sheffted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Martin, many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome sheffted. 

I await your response yo my PM. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
sheffted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Martin,

I wanted to thank your for your help in trying to sort this out.

However, I also wanted to put on record the fact that I am pretty **bleep** off with Virgin that I have not been able to regain access to an account that I have been running for probably around 20 years.  What remains bizarre to me is that the inbox I have lost is one of a pair set up through the same account and I can still access the other.

I appreciate that these are difficult times but this seems to me that the account disappeared as a result of a bit of shoddy weekend maintenance work before the current crisis really took hold.  I still do not even know if anyone sending mail to this address is alerted to the fact that it is no longer accessible by me.  It has cost me a lot of time and effort at a moment when I really did not want to be dealing with setting up a new email account.

Has left me with a pretty dim view of Virgin Media as a whole and I will certainly try and avoid any aspect of them in the future.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry sheffted.

I know it's no consolation.  But both mailboxes should have been deleted some time ago.  And in truth, the other email address/mailbox will ultimately be closed .

By the way has it been confirmed your email address cannot even be temporarily restored?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
sheffted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lee,

Agreed it is no consolation.  I would not mind so much about it being deleted if I had been given some warning.

No I have not been told it can be temporarily restored and that would still be helpful.

Thank you for the notice about the other mailbox.

I used Virgin as my ISP when I first bought a home computer many years ago so there are a lot of people who are aware of this as my email address, plus it is on address cards etc.  The overall effect is that I will now try and avoid Virgin for anything going forwards.

Regards … Ted

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheffted,

Unfortunately, once the email address has been terminated, it is not possible for it to be restored temporarily or reactivated. 

Again, I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos