cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox not available at the moment

RS10
Joining in

Hello, how did you get this resolved. My mum is in the exact same situation and we're really struggling to get it sorted. Had some unsuccessful phonecalls where she was told to do virus scans on her device and she's still not able to get any access.

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RS10 wrote:

Hello, how did you get this resolved.

Have you tried resetting the password to something you have never used before as fully explained in this post from Virgin Media?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

To be honest it does not always work but it's definitely worth a try.  😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, we tried changing her password before on her account but it’s made no difference. Very frustrating! 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RS10 wrote:

Yes, we tried changing her password before on her account but it’s made no difference. Very frustrating! 

I am sure you followed all the instructions but just for completeness, it has to be a completely new password that has not been used for that account before and after changing the password you're advised to leave it 30 minutes before trying to access the account again.

As I say, I am sure you've done that.

You're only other option is to wait until  one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) catches up with this thread and contacts you via the Forum. They should be able to take a look at this for you and get it sorted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your help. Sadly we’ve tried all the advised options and more than once, but no success. I shall wait for someone to contact as you said and hopefully get the issue resolved! 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RS10.

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues accessing the mailbox, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

As the advice given hasn't resolved the issue for you, I'm going to send you a PM for more details so we can get this resolved. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of the Forum. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide