cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox not available at the moment

JoJo14
Joining in

Hello - I have had the "Your mailbox is not available message at the moment....message  on my email account since 23rd March 2020 (the day the country went into lockdown).

I have been a customer of ntl and virgin media for 25 years and would like my emails and contact reinstated. Others in my family still have their accounts - its just mine that has been frozen - for 10 weeks! 

I have phoned  - was told it was a known fault and would be sorted within 48 hours - but no progress, I have phoned again, instant messaged, written to the complaints department, had a reply and a second letter.. but still no progress. Please could you just sort this issue or tell me what has happened . 

The message, as so many of the readers here know, is

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JoJo14,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are unable to access your emails and haven't been for the last 10 weeks, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can get some further details and look into this for you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given what you have written about your actions so far, I have escalated this to the Forum Team for investigation.

When they respond via the forum they will ask if you are still a Virgin media broadband customer and ask you to confirm the address is showing as linked to your My Virgin Media account.  You should also change the password if you access your My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JoJo14,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are unable to access your emails and haven't been for the last 10 weeks, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can get some further details and look into this for you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

Chelt2020
Tuning in

I have the same problem today, I need access to my email hourly. I am not waiting 10 weeks. 

Suddenly happened on my mobile today and said incorrect password (I havent changed my password). Changed the password, still same message. 

Tried to access through logging onto "my virgin media" and accessing account that way , but still sale problem. It is impossible to speak to anyone either. 

Can someone at virgin contact me urgently!

Hey Chelt2020,

This is currently being investigated by our team and we hope to have access restored soon. Please can you try this again in about an hour and see if this now works, please let me know the outcome.

Regards

Steven

Same for me too. (Have posted separately under "Mailbox unavailable") but would like to get sorted soon!

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JoJo14,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi kairen,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi kairen,

Thanks for your details, I have reset this for you, please try again and then change the password so this doesn't happen again.

Regards

Paul

great, all sorted thanks

Kairen