cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox not available at the moment - virgin.net

Fiona3500
Joining in

Today my email inbox is unavailable and I haven't been able to resolve why. The message just says try again in an hour. I don't have a virgin account anymore as we swapped broadband providers a few years ago but I kept the virgin.net email address and have been using it without any problems ever since.

I would like to be able to access it urgently as we are awaiting a PCR result. I would also, please, like some advice as to what I should do once I have accessed it. Can I continue to use it or should I set up another email address and arrange forwarding of emails, if this is possible?

I'd very much appreciate some help with this as it will be very difficult on many accounts if I can't use the account anymore.

Many thanks.

Fiona

4 REPLIES 4

Sololobo
Superstar

As you're no longer a Virgin Media broadband customer it's likely that your email account is considered to be "orphaned" and has been, or is in the process of being closed.

See here for more detail: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

You may be lucky and regain temporary access, but that may not happen so be prepared for disappointment.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Thank you very much for this. How do I go about requesting access to the account so that I can copy and move items?

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fiona3500 wrote:

Thank you very much for this. How do I go about requesting access to the account so that I can copy and move items?

Thanks

The VM Forum Team should respond to this thread tomorrow and will be able to advise you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fiona3500,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I can see other users have responded to your post and advise regarding the disconnecting of the email address. 

I have attempted to locate your account to try and confirm this but I have been unsuccessful. 

What I will do s private message you to get some details to check this. 

^Martin