Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox is unavailable at the moment

Image rejected as it shows the account number and area reference code.  It does not show the error message however, it is likely to be this message:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

jennball01
Tuning in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

yes, thanks .  That's the message

0 Kudos
jennball01
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Still the same ‘unavailable’ message today.

anyone get a solution? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam  Can you please check that this is still in the queue requiring action from the Forum Team.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi jennball01,

I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you and for any issues you're still experiencing.

I haven't been able to identify any issues in our backend systems, so I'd like to clear account security with you to investigate further. We'd never do this on an open platform, so I'll send you a private message now. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Rachael_F 

There are at least two other posts subsequent to this one exhibiting the same issues - the error message is a sign that the VM back-end servers have got an issue for thse accounts. A job for VM IT (as you are aware). 

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard Smiley Happy

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I've flagged this for the mods and Kev so they can all keep an eye out for any trends. It doesn't look to be widespread for now, but we'll stay vigilant.

Thanks,

Rachael

cyril54
Joining in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem for about a week now. could someone on the moderator team help me out please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@cyril54 wrote:

I've had the same problem for about a week now. could someone on the moderator team help me out please?

Thanks.

Hello cyril54

It is best if you start your own thread, which is normal etiquette in this forum.  Similar problems can often be different, so the community and forum team can best help if yours is explained separately.  And when it is solved you will have the added bonus of marking it as solved, which you can't do in someone elses post.

Please include details of your operating system, programmes you use, error messages in full (but obscure/delete personal details), and any steps you've taken so far.  Good luck - we are here to help.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos