cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox is not available

mikewild
Dialled in

https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Option 2 on that number is for virgin mobile queries.

I have changed password and attempted password reset. Many hours have passed so now I’m here.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @mikewild.

I have re-enabled your mailbox on the server, please can you try to login to your mailbox now, if you still can't log in, we will need to log this with our IT support team to resolve this problem.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Thanks for coming back to us @mikewild.

There is nothing that you could have done about this, the team has flagged some security concerns with suspicious activity on your mailbox. 

The team have advised me to ask you to a virus check on your home devices and change your email password to prevent this from happening again. We do have some further checks to ensure that your account is safe and this can be found here.

Regards,

Steven_L 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The phone instructions are a little misleading in that it is option 2 after you have selected 1 for TV/broadband/home phone.

However, you are likely to get more direct help from the VM Forum Team staff when they reach this thread in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mikewild,

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on our forums.

I'm really sorry that you cannot get into your mailbox at the moment with that error, I have tried to access your account but I cannot find your details from your community profile.

I will send over a private message in a moment, so that we can clear account security and get this issue looked into, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @mikewild.

I have re-enabled your mailbox on the server, please can you try to login to your mailbox now, if you still can't log in, we will need to log this with our IT support team to resolve this problem.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, it’s back working now, thank you.

Why was it disabled? Is there anything I can do in the future?

Thanks for coming back to us @mikewild.

There is nothing that you could have done about this, the team has flagged some security concerns with suspicious activity on your mailbox. 

The team have advised me to ask you to a virus check on your home devices and change your email password to prevent this from happening again. We do have some further checks to ensure that your account is safe and this can be found here.

Regards,

Steven_L 

Mailbox is unavailable again.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @mikewild

Are you able to let me know if you managed to follow the advise listed on the link above? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

I did, and only used an iPhone (once) and iPad to attempt login, it was between these occasions that the account became locked again. If you can PM me the list of logins (attempts) I can identify them to narrow down the issue.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the login attempts. 

I can change the password for you again however,  if you would like to then Ill pop you over a PM.

Kind regards,

Zak_M