cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Unavailable

Delaney99
Tuning in

Having some issues as I have recently upgraded my package for broadband and added an o2 sim. In an effort to activate volt benefits and begin using that sim I tried to log into my account for that sim on the o2 site however it is linked to my virgin media email account.

When I try to log into it I get an "unavailable" message which I believe means my account has been locked (which isnt a surprise as I havent logged into it in years..!). 

Would it be possible to get this unlocked somehow?

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Delaney99 wrote:

When I try to log into it I get an "unavailable" message which I believe means my account has been locked (which isnt a surprise as I havent logged into it in years..!). 

Would it be possible to get this unlocked somehow?

You can try doing that yourself by following the advice VM give in this post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Open the "this page" link in VM's instructions in that post and enter your email address. Then enter your existing password when prompted. That takes you to the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address rather than the VM webmail account itself. Once you've signed in to that, click on the "Update Settings" tab and then the "Account details" tab.

Scroll down that page and you will see that you can edit (reset) the password there.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in a day or so but try the route I have outlined above to see if you can unlock the account yourself with help from VM staff.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the suggestion - I have went though that process (admittedly after I had posted here!) however I'm still locked out. Will wait for someone on the VM team to reach out 🙂 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Delaney99,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your mailbox!

Can you tell us if you're an active Virgin Media customer? Was this a mailbox that was created when you were an active customer?

Have you tried to reset your email password through the sign in page to see if this can help you get access to the mailbox? 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs