cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Unavailable

pwmoores1953
Joining in

Two weeks ago I was unable to access my email on any device. Beth very kindly helped me. However, I now find that I cannot access my email from my Chromebook. This is the first time I have used my Chromebook so I cannot say that it is a new problem or if it relates to the original issue.

Philip

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pwmoores1953,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same error as before!

Do you have access to your mailbox from other devices?

Please try to reset your password using the "Forgotten Password" option on the mailbox before you sign in. Reset the password to something completely new and wait 10 minutes before you attempt to sign into your mailbox. 

Please give this a try and let us know if this helps. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes I have access to mail from other devises.

I don’t get to the point were I can use the forgotten password option. I can access my account and it recognises my name but when it comes to email I don’t get the usual box which allows me to input my user name and password.

Thanks 

Philip

Hi Philip,

Thanks for confirming you're able to access the email account. 

The box you are referring to, is this on a mail client? If so which one are you using? 

We should be able to support further once we're aware of this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry for the delay in replying but I am just recovering from an accident.

Anyway, I can operate my emails from both my laptop and my iphone, it is aproblem with the Chrome Book. I can access my virgin account but when I go onto email it says "server not available".

Also my wife can now not receive emails on her phone, she can however reveive them.

ICan you help

Philip

Thanks for your reply, Phillip,

Sorry to hear you have been in an accident. We wish you a speedy recovery. Can you clarify if you are going to our website directly to check your emails?  And are you able to go to this page to reset your password: https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password

Cheers,

Corey C