cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Unavailable

OverToYou_98765
Joining in

I have been unable to access my mailbox for over a week.

When accessing Email via My Virgin Media I get the following message:

https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html 

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Have been on the phone to 150 most days since (for about an hour each time).

When they understood what the problem was ,the usual response was to change the password and security details, which I did to no avail.

Other responses were they had changed a setting and to try again in 1 or 24 hours

Another time I got an IT Ticket raised, still with no resolution

Can anyone help me as I need to access my emails now, as not knowing what important emails I have received is worrying and stressful?

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread.  Current response times are around five days due to heavy demand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi OverToYou_98765,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for taking the time to post here.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to access your emails and haven't been able to get much help when speaking with our team, this is most disappointing.

I'll do my best to get this fixed for you - I've popped you over a PM and have asked for some more details so I can help 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM.

I have raised this issue with our IT teams for further investigation.

Once I have any further updates for you I will let you know from here. Sadly I can't provide a rough estimated of when this is likely to be resolved, but if you would ever like an update on the issue feel free to nudge us.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Beth

Beth

OverToYou_98765
Joining in

I am unable to access some of my mailboxes again. ☹️

When accessing Email via My Virgin Media I get the following message:

https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html 

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Last time this happened calling 150 was a waste of time but I got it resolved here.

Can anyone help me as I need to access my emails now, as not knowing what important emails I have received is worrying and stressful?

Thanks

Hi OverToYou_98765, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having this issue again. I can certainly have a look at this for you but in order to do so I will need to pass data protection with you and get the email address that is affected. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Following the intervention of the Forum Team who reset the passwords for the affected accounts and also re-enabled them.

After logging in and resetting the passwords, and waiting more that the requested 24 hours.

I now get a 403 Forbidden message when I try and log into the email accounts.

Access to My Virgin Media is unaffected.

Morning @OverToYou_98765

Thanks for keeping me updated, would you be able to try again this morning please? If the issue still continues to occur, I will send another PM to you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have just checked all the affected email addresses.

Access to My Virgin Media is OK

I still get the '403 Forbidden' message when trying to access the emails.

Hi @OverToYou_98765,

Sorry to hear you are still getting this error. 

Is this on both webmail and email client?

Have you tried clearing cookies/cache?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs