cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbird email slow with Virgin mail

Brillo
On our wavelength

Hi All, I use Maibird for email & for some reason it has got really slow with my Virgin Email address posts. If I use Mailbird & send via Gmail of Hotmail it sends & receives  instantly. However with Virgin email it's queued for ages with basic email and no attachments. It's obviously something to do with Virgin email but why? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the Mailbird log readable and if so does it indicate where the fault lies; see How to Send Log Data to Us?

Does the same issue occur when using other email clients, for instance with Thunderbird?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the Mailbird log readable and if so does it indicate where the fault lies; see How to Send Log Data to Us?

Does the same issue occur when using other email clients, for instance with Thunderbird?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Brillo
On our wavelength

Thanks for that. I have attached a log file & sent it to Mailbird.

Brillo
On our wavelength

It refuses to sent a test message now to my Hotmail account. Its still in my draft folder saying sending and the sync symbol runs constantly. I sent or sending it at 10.02am now it's 11.02 am so has been trying to send for an hour. I decided to get my other old computer out which also has Mailbird and all my accounts on. I did exactly the same & sent a test message exactly the same. It like this one is queued up in the draft folder trying to send. This tells me it's a fault with my email account with Virgin & Mailbird. All the setting are correct & as advised I removed & reinstalled my Virgin account and after the message zipped through to my other email account last night. Today it's still stuck trying to get out to my other email account. It must be something to to with Virgin & Mailbird. As I mentioned the same problem is on my other computer also running Mailbird. It's still constantly syncing but not sending. My wife also has a Virgin Account and Mailbird but has no problems with sending her Virgin email. If the problem is on 2 computers it can't be the computer or the software. Very strange! It's still trying to send after 1 hour 15  minutes. Can I only send mail at night!

Try following the troubleshooting steps provided here: 
https://support.getmailbird.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020966234-Emails-fail-to-send-Sending-error-Ema...

The recommended VM email server settings are as noted below.

POP Access (Incoming)

• Server Name: pop3.virginmedia.com
  • User Name: Your full email address
  • Connection Security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication: Normal password
  • Port: 995

Or

IMAP Access (Incoming)

• Server Name: imap.virginmedia.com
  • Connection Security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
  • Port: 993

Outgoing Server (SMTP)

• Server Name: smtp.virginmedia.com
  • Connection security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
  • Port: 465

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Brillo
On our wavelength

Thanks. I made another Virgin email address and added it to my account on Mailbird. Emails from this account go straight through. So it's something about my primary account. One thing I do notice is that if I restart my computer the stuck email then goes through straight away after startup & logging into Mailbird. All the settings are correct & I even changed the password on my Virgin email account on line then Mailbird. Remember this is the same problem on 2 different computers. If I use Outlook there are no problems at all. It's just that I prefer Mailbird for email.

Brillo
On our wavelength

The problem appears to be the time I send the email. Last night I sent 3 emails from my primary Virgin email account to my other accounts. They zipped through straight away. However this morning I did another test email. It's still in my drafts & says sending & still says syncing. What is it with my primary Virgin email account & sending emails in the morning with Mailbird?? 

Hi @Brillo,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with this particular email.

We want to best help look into this for you. Are you able to verify your email client setting email settings are correct as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Brillo
On our wavelength

Yes all the settings are correct on both computers. I even made another email with Virgin and that goes through straight away. It's just painfully slow with my Primary email sending & receiving. I'm trying to send one now and it just says sending in my out box. It will probably stay there about an hour like this. I even changed my password with Virgin to see if that mad a difference. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Brillo

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Just to double check - do you experience any issues with sending emails via webmail?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs