cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail slow to open

westacre
Tuning in

Hi, when I click on virgin mail it can take 30 seconds to open.

It sometimes tells me there is an error and then I have a photograph pop up and I have to click on bridges/traffic lights etc and this appears twice. This is very annoying as I live alone and nobody else has access to my computer. I would like immediate access to my virgin mail.

Is there anything I can try?

Thanks for any info.

10 REPLIES 10

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@westacre wrote:

Is there anything I can try?

You could try accessing your email account from this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   or via the "Email" link that appears top right of most pages on the VM website (and this forum).

That may be quicker than the link or Bookmark you are currently using.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi westacre, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. Can you confirm if anything has changed when you did what coenoby has suggested? ^Chris

Hi Chris, I've tried the 2 suggestions and it's still the same.

This morning I've had "Oops timed out!"

And "Poor connection, try again later"

And then I had to spot fire hydraulics and taxis!

I use mail2virginmedia and I've tried the mail tab on top right of screen,

as I said earlier I live alone and would like direct access to my mail,

any further ideas would be appreciated,

thanks,

Leon. 

I also keep getting this...

"Sign in with your My Virgin Media details".

Even though I've signed in a thousand times and I'm on my own personal computer.

Hope this may help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @westacre 

Have you tried using a different browser or an incognito window?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @westacre

Thank you for getting back to us.

Have the further suggestions from @newapollo resolved this for you?

Please let us know if you need any further help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, unfortunately not.

I am usually on google but swapped to firefox but this made no difference.

My usual opening of virgin mail at mail2virginmedia.com gives me the following with the pictures being different. Thanks for any further advice.

2022-04-17 (2).png2022-04-17 (3).png2022-04-17 (4).png

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@westacre wrote:

My usual opening of virgin mail at mail2virginmedia.com gives me the following with the pictures being different. Thanks for any further advice.

Those pictures arise when the "Captcha" system kicks in, "Captcha" is a verification check to ensure that it is a human trying to log in and not a piece of automated software (often referred to as "bots") being used to access your email account for illegal purposes. It does that by setting a task that only a human would be able to complete, that's the theory anyway. Captcha is provided by Google but lots of organisations including Virgin Media use it to try to protect their customer's accounts.

In your case, it is likely the fact that there have been numerous unsuccessful attempts to log into your account has triggered the Captcha system. However the system does not realise it is you continually trying to access your own account and so wants to check that it is not an automated attempt to access your account.   Each time it's triggered it shows a different set of images to prevent any software from getting the answer right by trial and error.

I often have get it when I repeatedly  log in and out of my VM email account when trying to help on this forum.

It's a pain to tick all the boxes with chimney's for example but you may find find it easier to use the audio test by clicking the earphone image

coenoby_0-1650286610348.jpegbelow the pictures on the left hand side.

So those screens are just a part of the security process designed to protect your account but there is obviously something preventing you from accessing your account. What happens when you have completed the Captcha check, either by clicking the right pictures or completing the audio test? What errors or messages do you see then?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: be aware that entering a single word of the spoken audio challenge is usually sufficient, ie whole spoken phrase does not need to entered.