cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail is unavailable

jess772
Joining in

Please help!!

I have tried to log into my virgin.net email account and it keeps saying its unavailable (I am no longer a Virgin customer). I tried changing my password, it asked for my date of birth and security question which I enter but nothing happens, it takes me back to the page asking me to sign in??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top right next to your name. It's an envelope. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

When were you last a member? I think access to email is kept open for three months after account closure. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jess772

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the email issue -  this could potentially be it's deleted as Virgin.net platform was sold off a few years ago and anyone with an email were advised to migrate it to either a new account or save anything important as it would be deleted.

I will send you a PM though to see if we can assist but all we maybe able to do is set in motion the deletion of the email

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John!

Where do I find a PM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top right next to your name. It's an envelope. 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@John_GS 

What was sold off wasn't the virgin.net platform

Rather it was the old ADSL service (Broadband down your phone line) While the majority of these customers would have had virgin.net email addresses, Virgin Media retained ownership of the virgin.net domain and the email service.

People who were on ADSL who were transferred to TalkTalk were advised that the time that their addresses would close 1 year after they were transferred.

The point is moot anyway, even if the OP was an old Cable or dial up customer, they no longer have an account.  The question at this point is how long ago is it since they had one?  If it's over 90 days then the account should have been closed.

It might be worth checking to see if the email account is still live, and whether it is possible to give them temporary access in order to recover their emails.  So I'm happy to see you are doing this for them.

@jess772   If you click the envelope at the top of the page, you will see any private messages sent to you and can respond to them.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks