cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail box is unavailable - need emails urgently.

lottie46
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hoping someone can help? 

I have not been able to gain access to my main NTL email for the past 3 days via iOS or directly through Virginmedia home page. I get a reply saying mail box is unavailable. 

I have a couple of really important emails I need to see and respond to ASAP. I’ve changed my password via my profile page which I can get into but it hasn’t  helped. 

Nothing has changed so I’m at a loss to what’s happened? 

I've attached a photo.  

05226FB1-C55F-4134-8198-6A95DE407A3F.png

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lottie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you can’t access your Email, this is something I can help with however I will need to invite you into a private chat to do so.

I will send you a invite shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lottie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you can’t access your Email, this is something I can help with however I will need to invite you into a private chat to do so.

I will send you a invite shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

lottie46
On our wavelength

Thanks, 

As soon as I posted it started to work.

Hopefully it’s sorted now. 

many thanks. 

Hi Lottie,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you now have access.

Regards

Paul.

lottie46
On our wavelength

I'm getting the same but a ntlworld.com account. It's been off most of the day, told me to change the password, which I've done 3 times.

Rang up but did not help, told me to wait 20 minutes after the password change. Broadband going on and off too. Not a very happy customer at all!

lottie46
On our wavelength

Same here but ntlworld email. I changed the password 3 times. Called and not much help either, told me to wait 20 minutes and try again. Broadband has been on and off too but no known issues in the area. Not happy at all as waiting for an important email. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lottie46, 

Please keep to one post so we can best assist.

I am sorry you are having issues with your email. Could you give us some more info, are you able to access via any devices or certain ones?

Have you run a virus scan? I can see you called in regarding this what did our team advise?

Zoie

lottie46
On our wavelength

Thanks, it is the same problem as I had in August, which miraculously mended itself. I've had no emails since this morning. 

I have a MacBook and iPhone and cannot get on to my email with either. I've also tried via webmail and have signed out of all the accounts. I've run a malware programme and all is clean. I've tried on Safari and Chrome. I've even tried deleting the account and setting it back up. 

I have changed the password 4 times now via "my profile" as the first sticky post says to do and then I've waited for an hour but nothing happens.

I spoke to customer service and they said there was nothing wrong with the account and to change it again and wait 20mins (which I'd been doing anyway!). He wanted to speak to my husband who wasn't with me even though I gave the correct password and the subscription is from my bank account. 

Would be grateful for some help, expecting an important email regarding travel. 

I've attached the error message from webmail and the mail app.

IMG_6002.jpeg

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 21.31.53.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The second image cannot be used as it discloses your email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi lottie46, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

If we were asking to speak to your husband, it sounds as though he may be the account holder. If this is the case then even if you have passed DPA, there will be some things that we can only do with the account holder. 

There was an issue which was resolved yesterday so even though you have changed the password previously, I would advise changing it once more. Please make sure it is a totally unique password that has never been used for the account before. Once you've updated the password, wait an hour (as the error message advises) before trying to log in. This should give the system enough time to reset. 

If you are then still unable to log in, get your husband to contact us and we can raise this further. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs